Friday, June 15, 2012

Clock Schedule Display {INSPIRED}



{photo source}


  • Telling time on an analog clock is tricky biz. I think it's great to expose the kiddos to it as much as possible.
  • It gives math a real-world purpose.
  • It's fun and colorful.
  • I really like that Donna included ONLY the analog time. My first instinct was to display the digital time next to it, but this forces the kids to start thinking of time in this manner.
  • I love how the words wrap around the clocks.
  • This was created using foam clocks (Target Dollar Spot).  I simply adore 3D elements on the wall.





ABOUT THIS SERIES:
I’ve been working hard to complete my classroom makeover for the 2012-2013 school year so that I may provide you with a summer full of tips and ideas for setting up your own classrooms. To kick off my second annual summer-long, daily series on setting up, organizing, and managing your classroom I am running a miniseries titled, “INSPIRED” and will feature a photo that brought inspiration to my very own classroom makeover. 
Be sure to check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom as well as my Classroom Themes Page for tons of tips and ideas. 





Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

9 comments:

  1. I definitely want to make this for next year! I just have to find a way to display it on my wall, due to limited space. Very good idea! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I am going to use this in my classroom next year! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this and can hardly wait to see how you interpret it!!! My clocks look so boring compared to these. Sigh. More to redo!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already made this for my classroom next year!!! I think I pinned it 3 times already. Can't wait to see your pics!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about leaving out the digital clock, now that I think about it, if they are both up, I only look at the digital. Something to think about...
    Is it the 17th yet? I wanna see the reveal!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these earlier this year and hung them right above the door in our classroom. I love being able to just point at them when my kids say things like "What time are we going to Art" or the classic "Is it lunch time yet?" They're great!!

    ❤-Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so smart! I can't wait to see your reveal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pic has inspired me as well. I still haven't figured out how to do it or where exactly they are going up but I am doing it!!! Can't wait to see your design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your whole Inspired series and was tickled to see this post about my clock wall. I've been inspired by so many things from your blog that I'm glad I was able to share a little something with you. I can't wait for your big reveal!
    Donna
    Peace, Love & Learning

    ReplyDelete